RFMW Expert Product Pick: Qorvo QPA1724
1. What made you select this product to feature? How does this product differentiate from others/what value does it offer?
Qorvo’s QPA1724 is a 20W GaN-on-SiC power amplifier (PA) that is optimal for wide bandwidth multi-carrier, high data throughput satellite applications. Operating in the Ku-K Band at 17.3 to 21.2 GHz, the QPA1724 delivers twice the power of competing PAs. Offered in a compact, surface-mount package, this PA offers wideband linear power, gain, and high efficiency.
2. What are the key features/specifications of this product?
- Frequency Range: 17.3 - 21.2GHz
- PSAT (PIN = 27 dBm): 43 dBm
- PAE (PIN = 29 dBm): 27%
- Small Signal Gain: 25 dB
- Bias: VD = 20 V, IDQ = 396 mA, VG = -2.2 V typical range
- Dimensions: 7.5 x 6 x 1.6 mm
3. What are common markets/applications?
The QPA1724 is ideally suited for defense and commercial applications, including low earth orbit constellations.
About Mark Millhollin
As the Director of Supplier Management at RFMW, Mark Millhollin oversees RFMW’s internal Supplier Business Team and manages supplier relations. With 33 years of RF and Microwave industry experience, Mark has held positions in purchasing, sales, and management. Mark is passionate about technology and is grateful for the enduring relationships he has developed in the dynamic field of RF.